1 bulb of garlic broken into cloves with skin on
2 tablespoons of olive oil
150-200g goats cheese
4-6 slices of pancetta
1 onion finely sliced
1 teaspoon thyme (fresh is best but dried works fine)
1. Put the oven on 170 c. Put the garlic cloves in some tin foil with a drizzle of olive oil and wrap it up like a parcel, place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
2. Dry fry the pancetta in a frying pan until crispy and then place on some kitchen towel and leave to one side.
3. In the same pan add the onions and fry until soft and slightly browned, add thyme. Meanwhile cook the linguine to the packets instructions.
4. Remove the garlic from the oven an squeeze out the garlic into the pan with the onions.
5. Once the pasta has cooked, drain it then put it back into the saucepan. Add the onion/garlic and crumble in the goats cheese. Mix it together.
6. Place onto a plate and garnish with the crispy pancetta