Cake pops are massive right now and a lot more portable than a cupcake. This version isn't Vegan because I used candy melts but the cake and buttercream part you can use this Vegan cupcake recipe. So to make it totally vegan just use dairy free chocolate instead of the candy melts. You can use any cake recipe you want at all.
Lolly pop sticks
Styrofoam block or florist foam
Variety of sprinkles
1 batch of cupcakes/cake. Any will do. If you have any cake trimmings keep them in the freezer to take out when making cake pops.
1/2 cup butter cream
1 bag of candy melts or 2 blocks of chocolate
1. Place your cake into a large bowl or mixer and crumble into bread/cake crumbs.
2. Add the butter cream and mix until it forms a dough mixture.
3. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet or baking paper. Place into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Place candy melts/chocolate into a double boiler and gently heat until it has all melted.
5. Dip the lolly pop sticks into the chocolate and push into the balls gently. Place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
6. Carefully dip the cake balls into the melted chocolate and tap very gently to remove excess chocolate. Then place some sprinkles on top. Stick the cake pops into your styrofoam block so they can dry. See example here (I forgot to take a picture!)
7. Once dry you can place them in a jar or jug to display and also wrap in lolly pop wrappers :-)